Thursday, August 26, 2010

Love matters?

They think being proposed to maybe the highest form of flattery and it may be so…what if before embarking on a relationship one feels a thwart. I remember making fun of the movie ‘the runaway bride’ ; about a woman who’d a phobia of getting married, and I often thought for a movie maybe it’s a good story but in real life perhaps this can’t be! But in my experience of years, I haven’t been able to commit, not even once! The minute people begin to come to close, I move away… The second someone says the most common place sentence in the world ‘ I love you’ I respond immediately, ‘but I don’t feel the same way, I thought we’re just friends’. I have rather undertaken a journey of celibacy without even knowing it. Some of my every close friend, think that I lack the very organ that makes one fall in love, that maybe so but I couldn’t help but think that is it so important to fall in love and have kids and get married. Perhaps the pressure of society is more on women but men in this society are not left alone too. The constant questions of this ‘deviant behavior’ is often badgering, must everyone follow the models set by the society? Besides who is to say, in what form and when ‘love’ might come one’s way. It also makes me wonder is it mere a myth or something real. Is it something one ought to do? like getting graduated, getting a job and getting married? My only consolation in this context is that most of the people in this part of the world are neither graduated nor employed…If this deviant behavior is acceptable by the society then people like me, who stand on the shores of love and never take a dip to soak themselves may also be!

No comments:

Post a Comment