Friday, August 27, 2010

Say it right!

One thinks years and years of experience would actually let one know, how to, and what to say at the right time, but alas no! It’s not like I can’t tell right from wrong but there are moments when I feel like telling the other person ‘just shut up’ or ‘get out of my face’ but the common courtesy and growing up just thwarts me to act in such a manner. Of course, considering ajj kay halat when every teen is a fine copy of American liberalism ( of course without they knowing what they are representing, because they are just being ‘cool’ or following the fad) I hear nonsense all the time, girls calling each other bitches or guys calling each other dogs, assholes , mo’fucker ad infinitum. To be honest, I have no issues with they calling each other whatever they deem right, but how in this macrocosm do you tell them they are barking up the wrong tree when they try to pull a similar trick on you? Do you respond politely and tell them to buzz off, or do you simply ignore them? I had similar situation in my freshman when a nineteen year old tried to pull up a trick of the simple sort, I was completely mortified and in retrospect, it’d have been better to punch him right in his audacious face, but I moved on and ignored him. But this very question still irritates me sometimes, why can’t I be extreme obnoxious to person when I want to? Who’s obviously being horrible…and what’s the terrible Punjabi theater kay jokes! So kitschy and redundant…just to bring this post home, I am going to leave you guys with a thought, it’s not that I am uptight or self righteous, but some things are part of our culture and I like those things, etiquettes and manners for one are the things I hope to carry forward in my life and if that makes me old school, so be it! At least, I know how to say it right!

No comments:

Post a Comment