Saturday, October 3, 2009

SHUT UP!

With freshman’s arrival and intermediate’s infestation of the campus, it’s very hard to even stand in the cafeteria, I wish the administration won’t allow the inter students to enter the S-block café. During my freshman, I came across rather a grave problem; I was not sure whether to write about it or to not. But, finally, I thought it’d worth writing about something that’ll makes people think. I am rather a traditionalist when it comes to ethics, so I let people be, and don’t appreciate when they tend to get too nosey and personal. But the times have changed, and so has the vocabulary of the intelligentsia (smirks). Gone are the days when people used to say may I, and please let me, and to be honest it does get annoying when people use such archaic expressions. Being direct can be good, it saves you time and sometimes you don’t have to be pleasant to the people you don’t like a lot. But, when a faculty member uses expressions like ‘she’s a bitch’, ‘that’s all bullshit’, ‘shove to a place where the sun never shines’, I have issues. We all know that the B school is buzzing with all kinds of isms but its fun to see it from a distance and not get involved. We may not be a match to American technological developments but we can at least copy their lingual degeneration. Of course, one now comes across more expressions like shut the fuck up, she is a cunt, she is such a bitch or that guy is a faggot. I even heard a girl say, I‘d love to fuck that guy behind the bushes, who ironically claims to be pristine. At first it’s disturbing and eventually it gets annoying. Being direct is one thing, but being kitschy and downright obscene is another. So, I didn’t know, how to act initially when around being people who swore a lot, and eventually I learned two magical words, SHUT UP! And walk away. Of course the desired results ensued; you have to try it to believe it.

2 comments:

  1. Complaining much? Tsk, tsk. Taking these remarks and statements way too seriously proves one thing: You need to learn how to get over trivial issues.

    Be a little more vocal than sly. People don't pay heed to those who beat around the bush the way you did in the post.

    Now that I think of it: No one actually reads this blog. Lol.

    Ah well, toodles.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, if you're so UP-FRONT about everything hon, do me a favor and stop posting comments anonymously. I am not sure where you come from but these statements are taken rather seriouly in my part of the world.
    About being vocal, what do you think I am doing by writting about it; voicing my opinion! If you're so nonchalant about what I write then stop reading and posting comments. Simple as that!

    ReplyDelete