Saturday, April 3, 2010

Crème de la crème

Only, oh only, if the people in echelon knew the trouble  a common citizen has to go through in the name of their security, they would never venture to security measures  taken usually for nuisance of general public.  Such was the case, when Prime minister of land of the pure condescended to make an appearance at Forman. Yes people I did volunteered for the advancement office and I am a first-hand witness of this atrocity. Praise the lord! The size of the dogs! Never in my life had I seen such monstrous dogs. Beasts set loose from the hell, sniffing every speck on the earth. I must mention here that the security measures taken by Forman on regular basis are not bad at all, and of course the arrival of some official guest does call for some special measures, anyway. But, how can it satiate the uppity sense of being a V.I.P? Well, there we were with the hounds of hell being let loose on us. Then, finally, the clock struck three the time when police began to pour in and at least my cell phone stopped working, I was told by my friend that it was due the plight of my cell phone, however, I would rather believe in the conspiration that ISI had something to do with it.  The rusty, iron gates were shut, no one could get in and out without the permission of the police.
I only heard about the traffic jam and thanked my stars that I was not outside. I have had such experiences where chief minister of Punjab would merely pass by a road and all the traffic would either take a detour or come to a halt for hours before the he and his entourage passed by. One can only imagine the misery of poor vehicle drivers when the prime minister’s Mercedes crossed the road.  Then came the phase of being hauled around, I was separated from my friends and was told to stay where I was till told otherwise. Like sheep of a nonchalant shepherd we were goaded from destination a to b without knowing where we were headed. I, wonder sometimes how a country with such meager resources can afford such exhibition of pomposity. But everything said and done, I shall never attend a function where a government dignitary is the guest of honor/horror.



No comments:

Post a Comment